A Message from the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Norfolk Brant Burlington Hospital Presidents and CEOs
August 19, 2021
Implementation of vaccination policies Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant and Burlington (HNHBB) region hospitals support the Ontario Government’s directive to implement COVID-19 vaccination policies no later than September 7th in response to the pandemic.
We are carefully reviewing the directive and will plan together to ensure a consistent approach across our region.
At a minimum, this approach will require staff, physicians, contractors, learners/students, and volunteers to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or written proof of a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated or to participate in mandatory education about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination. Hospitals will also be required to implement regular and mandatory testing of individuals that are not fully vaccinated.
Our focus right now is on understanding the current vaccination status of all staff, physicians, learners/students and volunteers. These individuals will be required to report their vaccination status by September 1, 2021 if they haven’t already done so using the self-reporting tools/processes in place at their hospital. Mandatory reporting will be expanded to other groups going forward. Our goal for reported vaccination status is 100 per cent.
In addition to adhering to the directive, our planning will also look at mandatory vaccination for new hires.
COVID-19 cases are starting to increase again in our communities and across the province, and increasingly these cases are being associated with the Delta variant and those that are unvaccinated.
As a health system, we need to do everything possible to safeguard our patients and those that provide their care. We are grateful to all those that have already been vaccinated. It is our best defense against this virus and the effort to lessen the impact of a fourth wave.
Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Norfolk Brant Burlington Hospital Presidents and CEOs:
Dr. David McNeil, President & CEO, Brant Community Healthcare System
Sharon Moore, President & CEO, Haldimand War Memorial Hospital
Rob MacIsaac, President & CEO, Hamilton Health Sciences
Lynne Pay, CEO, Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Eric Vandewall, President & CEO, Joseph Brant Hospital
Lynn Guerriero, President & CEO, Niagara Health
Lucy Bonanno, President & CEO, Norfolk General Hospital and West Haldimand General Hospital
Melissa Farrell, President, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
This page is updated regularly. Check back for updates.
- The World Health Organisation, WHO
- The Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health Ontario
- Haldimand Norfolk Health and Social Services
As essential workers, we are here for you!
The safety of our residents, patients, staff, physicians and our community remains our top priority. We care deeply about our community’s wellbeing and these processes are in place to help protect everyone.
The hospital and Edgewater continue to adapt to our new reality. COVID 19 has changed many things for us but one thing remains consistent. We are here for you when you need us.
- Inpatient visiting is allowed with two designated visitors per inpatient. Visiting appointments must be booked in advance. Please speak with the staff to get more information.
- We screen you as you come in. Our staff and physicians are screened too.
- We wear masks and we ask you to wear one too. In some areas, you will see additional levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). The PPE that staff/physicians wear, varies based on the situation.
- Keep your distance from others as much as possible, even with your mask on.
- Our COVID 19 Testing Centre at 400 Broad Street on the East side of the hospital is open Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 am and 12:00-4:00 pm.
- Book an appointment by calling 905-774-7431 ext. 1000
- Our specimen collection centre (outpatient lab) requires an appointment. Please call 905-774-7431 ext. 1293.
A special thank you to each of you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Together we are stronger!
If you have questions, please reach out to us. Stay safe.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Haldimand War Memorial Hospital and Edgewater Gardens