This page is updated regularly. Check back for updates.
- The World Health Organisation, WHO
- The Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health Ontario
- Haldimand Norfolk Health and Social Services
As essential workers, we are here for you!
The safety of our residents, patients, staff, physicians and our community remains our top priority. We care deeply about our community’s wellbeing and these processes are in place to help protect everyone.
The hospital and Edgewater continue to adapt to our new reality. COVID 19 has changed many things for us but one thing remains consistent. We are here for you when you need us.
- Visiting is restricted. If you have questions, please contact us. There are different restrictions for different areas. It is best to check directly with your care team regarding your unique situation.
- We screen you as you come through our doors. Our staff and physicians are screened too.
- We wear masks and we ask you to wear one too. In some areas, you will see additional levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). The PPE that staff/physicians wear, varies based on the situation.
- Our testing centre at 420 Lock Street West is open Mondays and Wednesdays. 9:00-11:00am & 12:00-2:00pm.
- Book an appointment by calling 905-774-7431 ext. 1000
- Our specimen collection centre requires you to book an appointment. Please call 905-774-7431 extension 1293 to book an appointment if you need bloodwork.
A special thank you to each of you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Together we are stronger!
If you have questions, please reach out to us.
Interim President and Chief Executive Officer
Haldimand War Memorial Hospital and Edgewater Gardens
HWMH is continuing to restrict visitors to the hospital.
In the Emergency Department and for clinic appointments, patients should come alone. One care partner per patient per day is allowed in extenuating circumstances to help with the patient’s care. For example, if there are care issues related to language barriers or cognitive barriers. For more information, please check with your care team as individual circumstances can vary.
The inpatient unit has restricted visiting hours and the visits must be pre-booked by calling 905-774-7431 x 1245 .
The hospital is asking people who have mild or moderate flu-like symptoms to NOT come to the Emergency Department, but instead call the Haldimand-Norfolk Public Health Unit at 519-426-6170 ext 3205 and after hours 1-877-298-5888 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. Those with serious symptoms should immediately call 911.
Members of the community who need to visit the Emergency Department for other urgent situations are asked to come unaccompanied by others, unless there is an exceptional circumstance – such as a child needing to come in with a parent, or a person unable to enter the department on his/her own.
For the latest updates on the effects of COVID-19 on the operations of the hospital and Edgewater Gardens, visit the Haldimand War Memorial Hospital Facebook page or website hwmh.ca.
What to do if you’re feeling unwell
If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, use this self-assessment tool (link to https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-self-assessment) to determine next steps.
If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms.