Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010
The Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010 (BPSAA) was introduced on October 20, 2010 and received Royal Assent on December 8, 2010. The BPSAA establishes new rules and higher accountability standards for hospitals, Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) and broader public sector organizations.
- Bans the practice of hiring lobbyists using public funds
- Increases accountability for hospitals and LHINs
- Establishes new procurement and expense rules for certain large BPS organizations
- Adds accountability measures related to compliance and expenses rules
- Brings hospitals under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)